MASS MoCA teams up with the City of North Adams to provide SolidGround — a field for tent camping within easy walking distance from Solid Sound and convenient to downtown merchants, bars, and restaurants. This is a basic, open-field tent site with concession food service, porta-potties, and drinking water. A self-monitored, donation-based cell phone charging station will be available. A basketball court, skate park, and spray park are nearby.
A second field, at Camp Aggie in Adams, is also available for camping and RVs and is located just under 6 miles from the festival and museum. Buy Camp Aggie camping here.
Residence hall lodging is available here.
Free and frequent shuttle service will be provided to/from all campsites for the duration of the festival.
3-Night Camping at SolidGround
$135 Tent Plot
To make a reservation, please call the MASS MoCA box office at 413.662.2111 x1 (Wednesdays-Mondays, 11am-5pm).
Tent Camping Information
- Space is limited, and advance reservations are required.
- There are no refunds.
- Port-o-potties are available. There are no showers on site.
- Free and frequent shuttle service will be provided to/from all campsites throughout the weekend.
– These are walk-in sites, so please be prepared to carry your belongings to your campsite.
– Tent plots are first come, first served.
– Maximum of 4 people per plot; 1 medium-sized or 2 small tents permitted.
– One parking space (located nearby for one non-RV vehicle; there is no car-side camping)
- Ground RulesTo ensure the safety of our guests, we ask that you please review and adhere to the following policies:– Coleman-type stoves are permitted.
– Open fires of any kind are prohibited.
– No glass of any kind
– No fireworks
– No illegal substances
– Quiet, please: no generators 11pm–8am
- Solid Ground Basics
– Registration opens on Friday, June 28.
– Check-out is on July 1.
– Solid Ground is a family-friendly environment.
– The caretaker of the campground will be located at the registration desk. For registration questions, contact the coordinator, whose contact info will be provided at registration.
– Use recycling bins and trash receptacles that are provided.
– Please note: there will be limited on-site security, including 24-hour monitoring, but you are strongly advised not to leave valuables in tents, and to lock your cars. The city of North Adams and MASS MoCA will not be responsible for loss of valuables.
– You must be a registered camper wearing a Solid Ground wristband to gain entrance to the site.
– For safety reasons, only campers displaying Solid Ground wristbands will be permitted on the grounds.
The entrance to Solid Ground is located .7 miles or a 12-minute walk from the festival.
Each tent site is permitted one parking space for a non-RV / camper vehicle at Solid Ground. Your parking permit, which you will receive in the mail or when you arrive, must be placed visibly on your dashboard. Additional cars should be parked in adjacent lots. A shuttle runs from MASS MoCA to Solid Ground. There is limited parking in the immediate vicinity of MASS MoCA and throughout downtown North Adams. We encourage carpooling, walking, and biking. We provide convenient bicycle racks near the museum entrance. Handicapped parking is available at MASS MoCA with the appropriate handicapped license plate or placard.