Skip the line! Advance tickets are recommended for all museum visitors. Walk-ups are always welcome. Purchase your tickets here.
Have questions about visiting MASS MoCA? Read our full FAQ here.
In person discounts are available, check to see if you are eligible.
Through May 30
Beginning May 31
PLAN YOUR MUSEUM VISIT
- Perfectly Clear & Hind Sight: Reservations are required for James Turrell’s Perfectly Clear and Hind Sight; there is no additional charge, but advanced reservations are required. Reservations are not required to view the other works on view in the exhibition James Turrell: Into the Light.
Please note: strobe light effects are used in Perfectly Clear. Kids must be 6 and older to enter Perfectly Clear or Hind Sight. For Perfectly Clear, kids 6-12 need to hold an adult’s hand.
- C.A.V.U.: James Turrell’s C.A.V.U. (Skyspace) is open during museum hours with no reservations required. Due to ongoing maintenance on C.A.V.U.’s oculus, dawn and dusk experiences are suspended until further notice.
- To the Moon & Chalkroom: Reservations are required to experience Laurie Anderson and Hsin-Chien Huang’s two virtual reality works, To the Moon and Chalkroom; there is no additional charge, but advanced reservations are required. Reservations are not required to view the other works on view in the Laurie Anderson exhibition.
Please note: kids must be 10 and older to experience the VR pieces.
(One hour long, free with admission)
Highlights Tour: Wednesday–Monday, 11am & 1pm
Outdoor Art: Saturday, 11am
Art-making at the Artbar
The ArtBar is open on weekends and school breaks.
During music festivals, all outdoor spaces are closed to museum visitors including James Turrell’s C.A.V.U., Anselm Kiefer, Taryn Simon, Franz West, Micheal Oatman, Stephen Vitiello, Richard Nonas, and Marko Remec. Please check the Events page for festival dates.
|Free||MASS MoCA Members|
|Not yet a member? Become one here.|
|$18||Seniors (65+) / Veterans|
|$12||Students with ID|
|$2||Mass. EBT/WIC/ConnectorCare/Wonderfund Access Card Holder*|
|Kids 5 and under and museum members always visit for free. Admission to Kidspace is always free.|
IN PERSON DISCOUNTS:
STUDENTS and STAFF from Bennington College, Williams College, and Yale University as well as MCLA students receive free museum admission upon presenting their school ID at the Box Office on the day of their visit.
LIBRARY PASS PATRONS recieve free museum admission upon presenting their physical or digital library pass at the Box Office on the day of their visit. See if your local library is a Library Pass Program member here.
MUSEUM PARTNERS, members of the Whitney Museum of American Art and ICOM, receive free admission upon presenting proof of active membership with the Whitney or ICOM at the Box Office on the day of their visit.
*MASSACHUSETTS EBT, WIC, CONNECTOR CARE, and WONDERFUND CARDHOLDERS receive discounted museum admission of $2 and free admission for children under the age of 18 in their household during regular museum hours. A valid Massachusetts EBT, WIC, ConnectorCare, and Wonderfund card must be presented at the Box Office on the day of their visit.
We are proud to participate in the Card to Culture program, a collaboration between Mass Cultural Council and the Department of Transitional Assistance, the Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Nutrition Program, and the Massachusetts Health Connector broadening accessibility to cultural programming. See the full list of participating organizations offering EBT, WIC, and ConnectorCare discounts.
We document visitors in our galleries and during events. If you do not wish to be included in the images we publish, please alert our staff at the box office upon arrival.
To help protect delicate art, umbrellas, folding chairs, bags and backpacks over 8.5 × 11 × 4″, and other large or ungainly objects are not allowed in the galleries.
A parking map is available here and has many options for parking, food, drinks, and shopping in downtown North Adams, Mass.
Information about the dining options on the museum campus and in downtown North Adams is available here.
MASS MoCA is committed to accessibility.
Ask about wheelchairs, gallery stools, and event listening devices at the Box Office.
For more information about accessibility at MASS MoCA, click here
By purchasing a ticket to join MASS MoCA’s visitors, staff, and artists on the museum campus, you agree to follow a Courtesy Code, detailed below.
- Masking is welcome in the galleries for all visitors over two years of age, but not required. Masking is required during all indoor performances for attendees over two years of age
- Social distancing is encouraged when possible—our vast galleries and courtyards allow plenty of space to wander.
- Large bags (over 8″ x 11″ x 4″) will not be permitted in the galleries. Our self-check lockers will not be available. Please leave large bags at home or in your vehicle.
- In order to keep our staff and patrons safe, we reserve the right to ask you to leave if you become ill during your visit.