MASS MoCA is open.
Advance purchase of museum admission is required. Purchase your timed-entry tickets here.
Through October 12
Wednesdays-Mondays, 10am-6pm, closed Tuesdays
Wednesdays + Sundays, 10-11am: elderly and immuno-compromised admission
Beginning October 13
Thursdays-Mondays, 10am-5pm, closed Tuesdays + Wednesdays
Thursdays + Sundays, 10-11am: elderly and immuno-compromised admission
PLAN YOUR MUSEUM VISIT
Make an advanced reservation to visit James Turrell: Into the Light, immersive installations and other artwork. Reservations are required and fill quickly. Please note: Strobe lighting is used in Perfectly Clear.
Kids must be 6 and older to enter James Turrell’s Perfectly Clear and Hind Sight. For Perfectly Clear, kids 6-12 need to hold the hand of an adult while inside the installation.
Make an advanced reservation to see the art of Wendy Red Star, on view in Kidspace — MASS MoCA’s child-centric gallery (that adults love!).
Michael Oatman: all utopias fell, Gunnar Schonbeck: No Experience Required, and Laurie Anderson & Hsin-Chien Huang’s two virtual reality experiences are temporarily closed.
Anselm Keifer is temporarily closed and will reopen in Spring 2021.
Art-making at the Artbar
The ArtBar is now open with limited offerings — make art in Kidspace or take a project home with you.
$18 Seniors (65+) / Veterans
$12 Students with ID
$8 Kids (6–16)
$2 Mass. EBT/WIC/Connector Care
Kids under 6 and museum members always visit for free. Admission to Kidspace is always free.
University members — including Bennington College, MCLA, Williams College, Yale University, and Buxton School — please send proof of your students/staff status to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set up a member login for you, which can be used to reserve your free museum admission.
Whitney Members should choose the Whitney Member Ticket option when reserving advance timed tickets online. A valid Whitney ID is required at entry. To use a library pass, please choose the Library Ticket option when reserving advance timed tickets online. A physical pass from your library is required at entry.
Massachusetts EBT cardholders receive a discounted museum admission of $2 and free admission for children under the age of 18 in their household during regular museum hours. Cardholders are able to purchase their museum admission in person at the Box Office. A valid Massachusetts EBT card must be presented to receive discounted admission. This discount program is being offered in collaboration with the Massachusetts Cultural Council and the Executive Office of Health and Human Services’ Department of Transitional Assistance.
To help protect delicate art, umbrellas, folding chairs, bags and backpacks over 8.5 × 11 × 4″, and other large or ungainly objects are not allowed in the galleries.
A parking map is available here and has many options for parking, food, drinks, and shopping in downtown North Adams, Mass.
Information about the dining options on the museum campus and in downtown North Adams is available here.
MASS MoCA is committed to accessibility.
Ask about wheelchairs, gallery stools, and event listening devices at the Box Office.
For more information about accessibility at MASS MoCA, click here
COVID COURTESY CODE
By purchasing a ticket to join MASS MoCA’s visitors, staff, and artists on the museum campus, you agree to follow a COVID Courtesy Code, detailed below.
- If you have traveled from out of state, you are in compliance with current Massachusetts travel guidelines: mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order
- All museum visitors over 2 years old are required to wear a mask.
- Please practice social distancing — keep 6 ft. between you and others who are not in your party.
- To protect the art, large bags (over 8″ x 11″ x 4″) will not be permitted in the galleries. Our self-check lockers will not be available. Please leave large bags at home or in your vehicle.
- You and everyone in your party will be asked to confirm that you have not had any fever-like symptoms in the 48 hours prior to arrival. If you feel ill, exhibit symptoms, or have had contact with a COVID-19 patient in the last 14 days, please stay home and seek care. Museum visitors who experience fever-like symptoms while at MASS MoCA agree to self-identify to museum staff.
- To enable contact tracing, should that be necessary, all ticket buyers are required to provide contact information and the names of everyone in your party.