April 19 – SOLD OUT
April 20 – Get Tickets
April 21 – Get Tickets
April 22 – Get Tickets
After a multi-year developmental process working in collaboration with communities, artists, and presenters in Miami, Martha’s Vineyard, New Orleans, New York, and our own North Adams, Urban Bush Women returns to MASS MoCA with its newest artistic endeavor for a site-responsive performance in the galleries and throughout the museum campus.
Taking its title from the color that Southern families paint their front porches to ward off bad spirits, Haint Blu uses performance as a center and source of healing, taking us through movement into stillness and rest: remembering, reclaiming, releasing, and restoring. Haint Blu is an embodied look into familial lines and the movements, histories, and stories of our elders and ancestors. It reflects on what has been lost across generations and what can be recovered.
Note that this performance does contain nudity.
Not yet a member? Become one here for event discounts, exclusive invites, and more.
Make a Plan
- This performance will take place throughout the MASS MoCA campus, including outdoors, with the audience following the performers beginning in Courtyard A and ending at The Chalet.
- If you would like to visit the museum earlier in the day, please note that museum admission is not included with your event ticket. Purchase museum admission here.
- All events at MASS MoCA are accessible to all audiences. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to inquire about accessibility needs and services.
- By purchasing a ticket to join MASS MoCA’s visitors, staff, and artists on the museum campus, you agree to follow a Courtesy Code, detailed here. Our full COVID FAQ is here.
- All sales are final; no refunds or exchanges.
Planning on dinner before the show? Check out restaurants in downtown North Adams or find a nosh right here on campus: Bright Ideas Brewing or Lickety Split Cafe. Lickety Split Cafe, our museum cafe, will also serve small bites during the show. A full bar serves Bright Idea Brewing beers and Berkshire Mountain Distillery spirits.