Reservations Required, BYOC: Bring Your Own Chair
Limited capacity, and advance reservations required. This is not the Chalet of summers past, for sure, but it’s still friends and fizz, face masks and a chill courtyard hang. Reserve your 6′ space to hear free live, local music each week in MASS MoCA’s premier concert courtyard, with new hours, limited space, and reservations (masks, too) are required.
Online reservations only, please. (No phone calls.)
Food and drinks begin at 7pm, music starts at 8:30pm, and we close at 10pm.
Thursday Nights Schedule*
August 13: Reservations open Wednesday, August 12, 3pm
August 20: Reservations open Wednesday, August 19, 3pm
August 27: Reservations open Wednesday, August 26, 3pm
September 3: Reservations open Wednesday, September 2, 3pm
*Please note: reservations are very limited and Thursday Night artists will be announced the day before each event. This allows both MASS MoCA and our musicians the opportunity to take all necessary safety precautions.
Make a Plan (and Bring Your Own Chair!)
Live events at MASS MoCA will look and feel a little different this summer, but our mission remains unchanged — to bring you the best performing art of our time.
- Performances will take place outside, in MASS MoCA’s Courtyard D concert venue, in accordance with Massachusetts Phase 3 guidance.
- Our staff will be wearing masks and smiles (even if you can’t see them). All audience members must wear a mask, except while eating or drinking. All eating and drinking needs to take place within each designated audience space.
- As always, you’ll enter for concerts and events through the main museum entrance, though this time we need you to bring your own chair.
- All potential bottlenecks, especially at the museum entrance, will be marked for social distancing.
- To keep your transaction as touch-free as possible, please have your e-ticket ready to be scanned.
- Follow signs for Courtyard D, our reimagined concert venue, where ushers will show you to your personal, appropriately distanced concert space (four people maximum, per space). You’ll find snacks and drink service in this courtyard. Aisles will be one-way.
- Restrooms are adjacent to this Courtyard D concert space, with one-way entrances and exits to reduce potential traffic friction.
- All events are rain or shine, and we expect most performances to last for about one hour.
- No outside food or beverages will be allowed in the venue during the event.
- All events at MASS MoCA are accessible to all audiences. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to inquire about accessibility needs and services.
- By purchasing a ticket to join MASS MoCA’s visitors, staff, and artists on the museum campus, you agree to follow a COVID Courtesy Code, detailed here.