- Saturday, July 25, 8:30pm
- $25 Advance
$35 Day of
- Courtyard D
The Berkshires’ premier live music venue welcomes Honeychild Coleman + Biz, of blues-punk super group The 1865. Think “Bad Brains meets Foo Fighters in a black woman’s hair salon for a cup of tea,” and you have the right idea. The Brooklyn duo includes Jason “Biz” Lucas (Dragons of Zynth) with Honeychild Coleman (Apollo Heights / Badawi ) on lead vocals and baritone guitar.
Biz and Honeychild will present songs from their debut album “Don’t Tread On We!” (Mass Appeal Records) in MASS MoCA’s socially distanced, masks-required concert courtyard.
Make a Plan (and Bring Your Own Chair!)
Live events at MASS MoCA will look and feel a little different this summer, but our mission remains unchanged — to bring you the best performing art of our time.
- Performances will take place outside, in MASS MoCA’s Courtyard D concert venue, in accordance with Massachusetts Phase 3 guidance.
- Our staff will be wearing masks and smiles (even if you can’t see them). All audience members must wear a mask, except while eating or drinking. All eating and drinking needs to take place within each designated audience space.
- As always, you’ll enter for concerts and events through the main museum entrance, though this time we need you to bring your own chair.
- All potential bottlenecks, especially at the museum entrance, will be marked for social distancing.
- To keep your transaction as touch-free as possible, please have your e-ticket ready to be scanned.
- Follow signs for Courtyard D, our reimagined concert venue, where ushers will show you to your personal, appropriately distanced concert space (four people maximum, per space). You’ll find snacks and drink service in this courtyard. Aisles will be one-way.
- Restrooms are adjacent to this Courtyard D concert space, with one-way entrances and exits to reduce potential traffic friction.
- All events are rain or shine, and we expect most performances to last for about one hour.
- No outside food or beverages will be allowed in the venue during the event.
- All events at MASS MoCA are accessible to all audiences. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to inquire about accessibility needs and services.
- By purchasing a ticket to join MASS MoCA’s visitors, staff, and artists on the museum campus, you agree to follow a COVID Courtesy Code, detailed here.