Michael Olatuja: Lagos Pepper Soup
- Saturday, October 16, 8pm
- $12 Student
$22 Day of
- Club B10
London-born, Lagos, Nigeria-raised, New York-based composer, bandleader, and bassist Michael Olatuja blends the sounds of these three cities into what he describes as a “cinematic Afrobeat.” One of the most inventive and in-demand bassists on the scene today, Olatuja has worked and recorded with the likes of Diana Ross, Stevie Wonder, Shakira, and MASS MoCA friend Angelique Kidjo, among others. He’s here with a full band, for a high-energy evening of hard-hitting afrobeat, jazz, and funk.
The full Lagos Pepper Soup band includes Michael Olatuja (bass/composer), Stephanie Alvarenga (voice), Melonie Daniels Walker (voice), Etienne Stadwijk (piano), and Jonathan Barber (drums).
Make a Plan
- Preferred ticket-holders get the best seat in the house and museum admission on the day of or after the event.
- This performance will take place inside MASS MoCA’s Club B10.
- Masks are required for all indoor spaces, except while eating and drinking, regardless of vaccination status.
- No outside food or beverages will be allowed in the venue during the event. Small bites and drinks are available for purchase before the show from our museum cafe, Lickety Split.
- Please note: museum admission is not included with your event ticket unless indicated. Purchase museum admission here.
- All events at MASS MoCA are accessible to all audiences. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to inquire about accessibility needs and services.
- By purchasing a ticket to join MASS MoCA’s visitors, staff, and artists on the museum campus, you agree to follow a Courtesy Code, detailed here. Our full COVID FAQ is here.
Courtesy of the artist