Jack Ferver Is Global Warming Camp? and other forms of theatrical distance for the end of the world
- September 8, 9, & 10, 8pm
- $25 Advance & Day of
- MASS MoCA
Please note: the performance contains adult content.
“Ferver’s performances are so extreme that they sometimes look and feel like exorcism.” — The New Yorker
The wildly tragicomic writer, choreographer, and director Jack Ferver premieres their first full-length work in three years, Is Global Warming Camp? and other forms of theatrical distance for the end of the world, exploring journalistic remove, weaponized theatricality, and the weight of humanity’s global failures. Ferver inhabits the distance of “the queer” to assume a unique narrative vantage point for assessing the mess we’re in.
The performance is set against the glittering backdrop of Marc Swanson’s exhibition A Memorial to Ice at the Dead Deer Disco, on a stage purposely built for Ferver inside the installation.
Make a Plan
- This performance is general admission and will take place inside MASS MoCA’s galleries with limited seating.
- Please note: museum admission is not included with your event ticket. Purchase museum admission here.
- All events at MASS MoCA are accessible to all audiences. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to inquire about accessibility needs and services.
- By purchasing a ticket to join MASS MoCA’s visitors, staff, and artists on the museum campus, you agree to follow a Courtesy Code, detailed here. Our full COVID FAQ is here.
Photo by Matthew Leifheit