In Conversation: Marc Swanson, Maggie Nelson, Susannah Sayler, & Edward Morris
- Monday, March 6, 4:30pm
- Free for members and students
Free with museum admission
$10 Advance & Day of
- Hunter Center
Join artist Marc Swanson in conversation with writer Maggie Nelson and artists Susannah Sayler and Edward Morris. The group will talk about their respective works on mourning and climate change as represented in the exhibition A Memorial to Ice at the Dead Deer Disco, Nelson’s 2021 book On Freedom, and Sayler/Morris’s, The Canary Project and Toolshed, which look to find future solutions for our climate futures.
This event is free for MASS MoCA members. Not yet a member? Become one here.
Make a Plan
- This performance will take place inside MASS MoCA’s Hunter Center. Masks are required during the performance, except while eating and drinking.
- All events at MASS MoCA are accessible to all audiences. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to inquire about accessibility needs and services.
- By purchasing a ticket to join MASS MoCA’s visitors, staff, and artists on the museum campus, you agree to follow a Courtesy Code, detailed here. Our full COVID FAQ is here.
- All sales are final; no refunds or exchanges.
Planning on dinner after the event? Check out restaurants in downtown North Adams or find a nosh right here on campus: Bright Ideas Brewing or Lickety Split Cafe.
Installation view of Marc Swanson: A Memorial to Ice at the Dead Deer Disco. Photo by Sofia Taylor.