- GET TICKETS
- September 22-24
$129 Tent plot
FreshGround camping is on sale now.
FreshGround is a tent-camping field within easy walking distance (.7 miles; 12 minutes) of the FreshGrass Festival, convenient to downtown merchants, bars, and restaurants. A shuttle bus runs continuously to the festival from the campsite.
Please note, Camp Aggie will not be available this year.
FreshGround 3-night Tent Camping
$129 Tent Plot
FreshGround camping for 2023 will be available in the spring.
- Space is limited, and advance reservations are required. There are no refunds.
- Although this is a basic, open-field tent site, there will be portable toilets and drinking water. There are no showers on site.
- A basketball court, Splash Pad, and recreation field are nearby.
– These are walk-in sites, so please be prepared to carry your belongings to your campsite.
– Tent plots are first come, first served.
– Maximum of 4 people per plot, including children.
– Each tent plot reservation includes one 15’ x 18’ space, plus one parking space (either nearby or in the festival lots) for one non-RV vehicle. Sleeping in your vehicle is not permitted—no matter its size.
– Water and phone charging available.
– No hookups available for water or power.
To ensure the safety of our guests, we ask that you please review and adhere to the following policies:
– Coleman-type stoves are permitted.
– Open fires of any kind are prohibited.
– No glass of any kind.
– No fireworks.
– No illegal substances.
– Pets are not permitted. ADA service animals are welcome.
– Quiet, please: no generators 11pm–8am.
– You must be a registered camper wearing a FreshGround wristband to gain entrance to the site. For safety reasons, only campers displaying FreshGround tent site wristbands will be permitted on the grounds.
– FreshGround registration opens at 12pm on Friday, September 22 and at 9am on Saturday, September 24. Campers must remove belongings from the field by 8pm on Sunday, September 24.
– The FreshGround campground is a family-friendly environment.
– The caretaker of the campground will be located at the registration desk. For registration questions, contact the coordinator, whose contact info will be provided at registration.
– For emergencies, call the North Adams Police Department at 413.664.4945 or 911.
– Use recycling bins and trash receptacles that are provided.
– Keep food in sealed containers.
– Please note: there will be limited on-site security, including 24-hour monitoring, but you are strongly advised not to leave valuables in tents, and to lock your cars. The City of North Adams and MASS MoCA will not be responsible for loss of valuables.
– For safety concerns, only registered campers displaying FreshGround tent site wristbands will be permitted onto the grounds.
FOR TENT CAMPERS: The FreshGround campground is located on Route 8 (also called State Street), .7 miles south of the intersection of Main Street and Route 8 (the intersection landmark is the Holiday Inn in North Adams). For GPS purposes, the campground entrance is directly across the street from 387 State St., North Adams, Mass. Entry to FreshGround is located just north of the gray Ernie’s Auto Sales building.
Each campsite is permitted one parking space for a non-RV / camper vehicle at the FreshGround campground. Your parking permit, which you will receive in the mail or when you arrive, must be placed visibly on your dashboard. Additional cars should be parked in adjacent lots. A shuttle runs from MASS MoCA to FreshGround. There is limited parking in the immediate vicinity of MASS MoCA and throughout downtown North Adams. We encourage carpooling, walking, and biking. We provide convenient bicycle racks near the museum entrance. Handicapped parking is available at MASS MoCA with the appropriate handicapped license plate or placard.