Composer and percussionist Susie Ibarra’s Fragility Etudes explores humanity’s interdependence with the natural environment through a world of sound. One of SPIN’s “100 Greatest Drummers of Alternative Music,” Ibarra brings together six musicians—including Cibo Matto co-founder Yuka C. Honda and Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe who scored the recent Candyman remake—in a dynamic score of overlapping rhythms experienced in the round.
The Fragility Etudes film by Yuka C. Honda will be screened in Club B10 from 2-5pm on Saturday, November 20, and is included with museum admission.
Ensemble performance and soloists
Jennifer Choi: violin
Daniel Louis Doña: viola
Yuka C. Honda: electronics
Susie Ibarra: drum set and percussion
Jake Landau: pianos and pianet
Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe: voice and modular synthesizers
Fragility Etudes was commissioned by Asia Society Museum, New York, for the inaugural Asia Society Triennial 2021: We Do Not Dream Alone.
Make a Plan
- Preferred ticket holders get the best seat in the house and museum admission on the day of or after the event.
- Effective Monday, November 1, all ticket-holders over the age of 12 must show proof of a full COVID-19 vaccination (accompanied by a photo ID for those over 18). Read our COVID-19 FAQ here.
- This performance will take place inside MASS MoCA’s Hunter Center. Masks are required for all indoor spaces, except while eating and drinking, regardless of vaccination status.
- No outside food or beverages will be allowed in the venue during the event. Small bites and drinks are available for purchase before the show from our museum cafe, Lickety Split.
- Please note, museum admission is not included with your event ticket unless indicated. Purchase museum admission here.
- All events at MASS MoCA are accessible to all audiences. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to inquire about accessibility needs and services.
- By purchasing a ticket to join MASS MoCA’s visitors, staff, and artists on the museum campus, you agree to follow a Courtesy Code, detailed here. Our full COVID FAQ is here.
Courtesy of the artist