- MASS MoCA
If you are mission-driven, love the arts, and take pride in working hard with a dedicated team, we hope you find a position below that fits your skills and experience.
MASS MoCA is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. Retirees are encouraged to apply.
Employment at MASS MoCA is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check/CORI check.
This full-time position works closely with the Finance Coordinator and is responsible for a range of routine accounting activities including accounts payables; organizing invoices, entering invoices in the computerized accounting system, marking invoices with payment information, preparing the checks to be mailed, and filing the paid invoices, as well as accounts receivable; the reconciliation of multiple sources of sales, receipts, bank and credit card accounts. The finance assistant also tracks open items and follows through with appropriate resolution, assists with month end procedures and reconciliations, and supports other members of the finance team. The finance assistant must be available to work pre-scheduled festivals or events, which may fall on weekends, as well as assigned overtime when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Has proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the role
– Related work experience or a degree in Accounting, Finance or Mathematics preferred
– Strong working knowledge of Excel
– Strong data entry, report generation, research and problem-solving skills
– Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
– Able to work independently within established procedures
– Familiarity with fund accounting software a plus
MASS MoCA is seeking a full-time, second shift, Custodial Supervisor.
– Performs custodial duties as a working supervisor, including all routine cleaning tasks such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, washing windows and walls, restocking supplies, trash removal, recycling, and sanitation of waste receptacles
– Directly supervises and motivates second shift staff, including reviewing and evaluating work quality / performance, ensuring work is completed on-time and at high quality
– Provide training and guidance to custodians in cleaning procedures and proper use of chemicals and equipment
– Assist with management of weekly schedules, covering vacations and absenteeism as necessary to ensure that all work is completed
– Responsible for working with the custodial department head to ensure that equipment and supplies are available and in good operating order
– Works cooperatively with department heads to ensure a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations
– Ensure buildings and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots are neat and clean. Assisting with snow removal and sanding may be required.
– Must be available to work special events, weekends, overtime, holidays, and festivals when scheduled
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Candidates must have 3-5 years of strong supervisory experience and skills, including but not limited to training, performance evaluation, team and one-on-one communication, setting and demonstrating standards for tasks and overall professionalism
– Must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk for long distances, lift 50 pounds or more on a regular basis, and must be able to perform repetitive physical assignments
– Candidates must demonstrate ample knowledge of cleaning safety procedures and certifications, methods, materials, equipment, and an ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment
– Candidates must be able to function well in a team/community environment, displaying common courtesy and politeness; custodial work involves frequent interaction with patrons, co-workers, and administrators. Candidates must be hard-working, reliable, punctual, and dedicated.
– Candidates should be able to work independently and must be self-motivated.
– Must be available to work special events, weekends, overtime, holidays, and festivals when scheduled
The schedule will consist of Saturdays and Sundays, 7:00am to 3:30pm, plus other shifts on a fill-in basis as needed.
– Performing all routine cleaning tasks including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, washing windows and walls, restocking supplies, and other duties assigned using prescribed procedures
– Trash removal, recycling, and sanitation of waste receptacles
– Cleaning and supporting special events on the MASS MoCA campus
– Reporting observed damages or defects in assigned areas
– Sweeping and grounds maintenance as necessary
– Assisting with snow removal and sanding as necessary
– Implementing technical and safety procedures as instructed by his/her supervisor
– Assuming additional responsibilities as required
Candidates must demonstrate ample knowledge of cleaning, safety procedures and certifications, methods, materials, equipment, and an ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment.
Candidates must be able to function well in a team/community environment, displaying common courtesy and politeness; custodial work involves frequent interaction with patrons, co-workers, and administrators. Candidates must be hard-working, reliable, punctual, and dedicated. Candidates should be able to work independently and must be self-motivated.
Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced environment and may be required to work various shifts if needed, including overtime; ability to work on weekends and holidays is a must. Working events and festivals is a requirement. Candidates must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and must also be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Security staff monitor the museum and assist guests by providing outstanding customer service. The right candidates will enjoy working in a museum environment and have the ability to communicate clearly and cordially with our guests.
Candidates must have a flexible schedule to work museum hours, as well as evenings and events. Security staff are required to work at least one weekend day per week as well as scheduled holidays and festivals. Candidates must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time. They must be comfortable monitoring and approaching guests and answering inquiries regarding MASS MoCA, the art, campus directions, and a variety of questions regarding the Berkshires.
Strong communication skills, customer service experience, dedication, a strong work ethic, and reliability are essential to this position.
Summer Hours (June 15 – October 14, 2019)
Open every day, 10am–6pm
Fall/Winter/Spring Hours (beginning October 15)
Open Wednesdays – Mondays, 10am–5pm
If you are mission-driven, love the arts, and take pride in working hard with a dedicated team, we hope you consider employment at MASS MoCA. MASS MoCA is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. Retirees are encouraged to apply. Employment at MASS MoCA is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check/CORI check.
The maintenance mechanic works with the buildings and grounds department to provide a diverse set of services including minor electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and other trade work.
This position requires a motivated individual, who has the ability to work independently and with others. Must be neat and organized with excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all types of customers. Must also have the ability to problem solve and take direction constructively from others.
Work schedule is 1st shift: Wednesday – Sunday, with Monday and Tuesday off.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Perform preventive maintenance and repair duties, including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical work
– Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned
– Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned, including daily checks of all HVAC equipment
– Monitor HVAC controls to ensure comfort of patrons and tenants
– General maintenance of HVAC equipment, including but not limited to: belts, filters, lubrication (greasing)
– Ensuring that maintenance schedules are followed
– Monitors security camera monitors/observes campus activity
– Required for snow removal and snow call during winter months and responds to emergencies as directed by supervisor
– Required to work all festivals and occasional events
– Work overtime as assigned by supervisor
– Performs other duties as required
– Each of the positions in the Buildings and Grounds department serves as one unit of the whole team, and as such, is subject to assist or is assigned to tasks in other trades within the classification.
– Minimum of two years experience in building maintenance, the construction industry, or facility and equipment maintenance and repair
– Must be able to successfully perform general maintenance, electrical and plumbing tasks
– Education: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required
– Preference give for prior HVAC experience
– Preferred knowledge of standard practices, methods, materials, tools, testers and other equipment used in the HVAC trade; principles of operation of systems; occupational hazards and safety practices of trade; national, state and local code standards.
– Ability to follow directions and follow through on assignments; handle multiple deadlines and changing priorities; work independently; read, estimate time and materials; use all types of hand and power tools; to attend required training courses; maintain proficiency in the trade; maintain accurate schedules and records; work at heights to 40 feet; follow industry and reasonable safety standards and practices to ensure safety to self and others; operate snow removal equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
– Willing to learn
– Mechanically inclined
– Strong attention to detail
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Competent in organizational, time management skills
– Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
– Basic computer knowledge
– Must possess a valid driver’s license
– Indoor/Outdoor work in uncontrolled temperature environments is required
– Must be physically able to perform heavy work on a daily basis
– Must be able to work in an environment with construction level noises –
– Must be available to work weekends and assigned schedule
– Work schedule is Wednesday – Sunday, with Monday and Tuesday off. 1st shift.
– Physically able to do required work which could include some heavy and sustained lifting (up to 50 lbs) squatting, bending, stooping, carrying, climbing of ladders up to 25 feet, work an 8-hour shift, and other functions.
– Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
– Ability to read and comprehend written directions, instructions, and safety information in order to safely perform job functions.
MASS MoCA is seeking a full-time mason tender.
This position requires work every other weekend.
Responsibilities include mixing cement, handling heavy materials, working with scaffolding and ladders, and taking direction from the lead mason. Ideal applicants will have prior experience as well as knowledge of the equipment and materials used in the performance of masonry work.
In the off season, the mason tender may be responsible for general maintenance, construction, and painting assignments. Prior experience in these roles is preferred.
Applicants must be able to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, staff members, and others at the museum. MASS MoCA’s mason tender must be able to work outdoors and may be exposed to adverse weather conditions; must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds or greater; is required to climb ladders; and may need to work varied shifts and irregular hours. The mason tender must observe safety policies and procedures in accordance with government and institutional standards, and must wear common protective or safety equipment as needed.
– Prior professional maintenance or construction experience is required.
– Ability to work on weekends/holidays is a must. A valid driver’s license is required.
MASS MoCA is looking to fill a position for a part-time Sales Associate at both of their brick and mortar retail stores.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning, restocking, and maintaining attractive merchandise displays.
- Cheerfully greeting customers and offering suggestions, opinions, and providing product information.
- Opening/closing stores and operating cash registers / POS system.
- Taking initiative to learn about the history of MASS MoCA, North Adams and the current exhibitions and performances in order to answer customer questions.
The position requires a friendly, polite disposition in addition to self motivation and initiative. Customer service experience is preferred.
Availability is required on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Sales Associates must have the ability to also work weekends, holidays, evening performances and festivals.