- MASS MoCA
If you are mission-driven, love the arts, and take pride in working hard with a dedicated team, we hope you find a position below that fits your skills and experience.
MASS MoCA is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. Retirees are encouraged to apply.
Employment at MASS MoCA is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check/CORI check.
This full-time position works closely with the Finance Coordinator and is responsible for a range of routine accounting activities including accounts payables; organizing invoices, entering invoices in the computerized accounting system, marking invoices with payment information, preparing the checks to be mailed, and filing the paid invoices, as well as accounts receivable; the reconciliation of multiple sources of sales, receipts, bank and credit card accounts. The finance assistant also tracks open items and follows through with appropriate resolution, assists with month end procedures and reconciliations, and supports other members of the finance team. The finance assistant must be available to work pre-scheduled festivals or events, which may fall on weekends, as well as assigned overtime when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Has proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the role
– Related work experience or a degree in Accounting, Finance or Mathematics preferred
– Strong working knowledge of Excel
– Strong data entry, report generation, research and problem-solving skills
– Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
– Able to work independently within established procedures
– Familiarity with fund accounting software a plus
The schedule will consist of Saturdays and Sundays, 7:00am to 3:30pm, plus other shifts on a fill-in basis as needed.
– Performing all routine cleaning tasks including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, washing windows and walls, restocking supplies, and other duties assigned using prescribed procedures
– Trash removal, recycling, and sanitation of waste receptacles
– Cleaning and supporting special events on the MASS MoCA campus
– Reporting observed damages or defects in assigned areas
– Sweeping and grounds maintenance as necessary
– Assisting with snow removal and sanding as necessary
– Implementing technical and safety procedures as instructed by his/her supervisor
– Assuming additional responsibilities as required
Candidates must demonstrate ample knowledge of cleaning, safety procedures and certifications, methods, materials, equipment, and an ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment.
Candidates must be able to function well in a team/community environment, displaying common courtesy and politeness; custodial work involves frequent interaction with patrons, co-workers, and administrators. Candidates must be hard-working, reliable, punctual, and dedicated. Candidates should be able to work independently and must be self-motivated.
Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced environment and may be required to work various shifts if needed, including overtime; ability to work on weekends and holidays is a must. Working events and festivals is a requirement. Candidates must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and must also be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Weekly Hours: Part time – 24 hours
Hours: 3rd shift – 11:00pm-7:00am
Week Schedule: Friday – Sunday
– Secures/opens museum and other campus buildings as scheduled
– Performs routine rounds of all buildings/areas as scheduled
– Checks doors/windows of buildings to ensure tightly closed/locked; notes in log any unlocked doors/windows.
– Responds to all security requests on campus, relays messages to Supervisor
– Determines when incident requires written report, which report form to use and submits to supervisor; may prepare other written reports as directed by supervisor.
– Completes all incident reports by taking the time to investigate; promptly reports incidents or risks that require Supervisor’s attention
– Monitors security camera monitors/observes campus activity
– Maintains a courteous, respectful and professional manner at all times
– Observes the highest standards of conduct of the department and organization
– Helps to maintain the highest standards of integrity, credibility, and trustworthiness
– All other security duties as needed and required
– Enhanced knowledge of basic security and Emergency Action Procedures.
– Skill in both verbal and written communication.
– Skill in observing situations and decision making.
– Skill in dealing courteously with the public.
– Must be flexible and capable to work alone as well as in teams.
Must be available to cover time off for 3rd shift staff, and various shifts if needed; ability to work on weekends, holidays, and all festivals is a must.
MASS MoCA’s retail store is seeking a part-time Sales Associate.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning, restocking, and maintaining attractive merchandise displays.
- Cheerfully greeting customers and offering suggestions, opinions, and providing product information.
- Opening/closing stores and operating cash registers / POS system.
- Taking initiative to learn about the history of MASS MoCA, North Adams and the current exhibitions and performances in order to answer customer questions.
MASS MoCA is looking to fill a position for a part-time Sales Associate at both of their brick and mortar retail stores. The position requires a friendly, polite disposition in addition to self-motivation and initiative. Customer service experience is preferred. All Sales Associates are required to work weekends, holidays, evenings and festivals.