“If these women, these maybe soul mates, could somehow suddenly see what the years will bring, would they still go out on that first date?” – The New York Times
Presented in partnership with WAM Theatre and the Berkshire Stonewall Community Coalition in celebration of Pride Month, join us for a reading of Bright Half Life, a kaleidoscopic play about love, heartbreak, skydiving, and the infinite moments that make a relationship. Hailed by The New Yorker as a “well-written portrayal of smart women finding, losing, and finding themselves and each other again,” Bright Half Life follows the deep and complicated love story of Vicky and Erica.
A discussion with the artists follows the reading.
Bright Half Life is part of WAM Theatre’s series Fresh Takes featuring readings of new groundbreaking plays.
Bright Half Life is written by Tanya Barfield and directed by Gina Kaufmann.
Make a Plan
- All ticket-holders over the age of 5 must show proof of a full COVID-19 vaccination (accompanied by a photo ID for those over 18). Read our COVID-19 FAQ here.
- This performance is general admission seating and will take place inside MASS MoCA’s Club B10. Masks are required for all indoor spaces, except while eating and drinking, regardless of vaccination status.
- No outside food or beverages will be allowed in the venue during the event. Small bites and drinks are available for purchase during the show from our museum cafe, Lickety Split.
- Please note: museum admission is not included with your event ticket unless noted. Purchase museum admission here.
- All events at MASS MoCA are accessible to all audiences. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to inquire about accessibility needs and services.
- By purchasing a ticket to join MASS MoCA’s visitors, staff, and artists on the museum campus, you agree to follow a Courtesy Code, detailed here. Our full COVID FAQ is here.