Due to popular demand, an additional date has been added!
January 9 – SOLD OUT
January 16 – SOLD OUT
January 23 – SOLD OUT
January 30 – SOLD OUT
What if you could feel art — with your ears? Our new series Auditory After Hours gives visitors a chance to engage with art in an all-new way: while listening to a bespoke experience curated by one of your favorite musicians. Come at night, wander the museum’s cavernous spaces after hours, and prepare to have eyes bedazzled, ears enthralled, and minds blown.
The electropop duo Sylvan Esso—singer Amelia Meath and producer Nick Sanborn—make music that hits you like a fireworks show: it’s full of explosive light and color that fills you with joy and wonder and makes you glad to be alive. For Auditory After Hours, they’ve recorded a live modular set incorporating sounds from past albums that will bring our galleries to new vibrant life.
Snag a ticket fast (tickets and time slots are limited, and our opening Auditory After Hours with Son Lux sold out), and bring your best headphones (and smartphone), to hear what they’ve cooked up. And stay tuned: there are more Auditory After Hours headed your way from Kaki King, Tune-Yards, and more.
What to Expect:
- Ticket holders should bring their own smartphone or other WiFi enabled listening device and headphones in order to access the music.
- Upon arrival, ticket holders will be provided a link via email that will allow the music to begin streaming. The music will be accessible until 9:15pm
- Gallery admission is rolling, guests can show up anytime within 30 minutes of their timed ticket.
- To keep your transaction as touch-free as possible, please have your e-ticket ready to be scanned.
- Our staff will be wearing masks and smiles (even if you can’t see them). All patrons must wear masks as well.
- All potential bottlenecks, especially at the museum entrance, will be marked for social distancing.
- Galleries will be open until 9pm. Visitors will not have access to outdoor exhibitions. James Turrell, Sarah Oppenhiemer, and Wendy Red Star in Kidspace will also be closed.
- All events at MASS MoCA are accessible to all audiences. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to inquire about accessibility needs and services.
- By purchasing a ticket to join MASS MoCA’s visitors, staff, and artists on the museum campus, you agree to follow a COVID Courtesy Code, detailed here.