- GET TICKETS
- Saturday, November 21 + 28, 7pm, 7:30pm, + 8pm
- $30 Adults
$18 Kids (6-16)
What if you could feel art — with your ears? Our new series Auditory After Hours gives visitors a chance to engage with art in an all-new way: while listening to a bespoke experience curated by one of your favorite musicians. Come at night, wander the museum’s cavernous spaces after hours, and prepare to have eyes bedazzled, ears enthralled, and minds blown.
The genre-less trio Son Lux kicks things off with a sneak peek of their upcoming release Tomorrows II, the second in an unfolding three-part album. Snag a ticket to the first installment (tickets and timeslots are limited), and bring your best headphones (and smartphone), to hear the album a full month before it drops.
And stay tuned: there are more Auditory After Hours headed your way from Clipping, Sylvan Esso, Kaki King to name but a few. It’ll feel like you have the place to yourself.
What to Expect:
- Ticket holders should bring their own smartphone or other WiFi enabled listening device and headphones in order to access the music.
- Upon arrival, ticket holders will be provided a link via email that will allow the music to begin streaming. The music will be accessible until 9:15pm
- Gallery admission is rolling, guests can show up anytime within 30 minutes of their timed ticket.
- To keep your transaction as touch-free as possible, please have your e-ticket ready to be scanned.
- Our staff will be wearing masks and smiles (even if you can’t see them). All patrons must wear masks as well.
- All potential bottlenecks, especially at the museum entrance, will be marked for social distancing.
- Galleries will be open until 9pm. Visitors will not have access to outdoor exhibitions. James Turrell, Sarah Oppenhiemer, and Wendy Red Star in Kidspace will also be closed.
- All events at MASS MoCA are accessible to all audiences. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to inquire about accessibility needs and services.
- By purchasing a ticket to join MASS MoCA’s visitors, staff, and artists on the museum campus, you agree to follow a COVID Courtesy Code, detailed here.