Now available: dive into the Auditory After Hours back catalogue and listen to Sylvan Esso, Clipping, or Jason Moran’s recent soundscapes. Just purchase a ticket for March 13 or 20, speak with the event staff when you arrive on the night of, and gain access to the past Auditory After Hours of your choice.
“The combination of music and art made me feel like I was in a dream…[it] transported us to another place.” — Jennifer, Auditory After Hours visitor
What if you could feel art — with your ears? Our new series Auditory After Hours gives visitors a chance to engage with art in an all-new way: while listening to a bespoke experience curated by one of your favorite musicians. Come at night, wander the museum’s cavernous spaces after hours, and prepare to have eyes bedazzled, ears enthralled, and minds blown.
One of the best guitar players the world’s ever seen, Kaki King is a genre unto herself. The “guitar god’s” (Rolling Stone) ingenious sound is born out of a signature tap-and-slap playing style that stuns. Last at MASS MoCA in 2019 for a residency and sold out preview performance, King’s sound now returns for our next Auditory After Hours. Created and recorded specifically for wandering MASS MoCA’s art-filled spaces, this all new never before heard gallery soundscape proves King’s genius goes far beyond the strings. From ethereal guitar loops to high-voltage drums, it’s a journey into the recesses of musical mastery—your ears won’t know what’s hit them.
Snag a ticket fast and bring your best headphones (and smartphone), to hear what they’ve cooked up. And stay tuned: there are more Auditory After Hours headed your way from Tune-Yards and more.
What to Expect:
- Ticket holders should bring their own smartphone or other WiFi enabled listening device and headphones in order to access the music.
- Upon arrival, ticket holders will be provided a link via email that will allow the music to begin streaming. The music will be accessible until 9:15pm
- Gallery admission is rolling, guests can show up anytime within the 30 minutes after their timed ticket.
- To keep your transaction as touch-free as possible, please have your e-ticket ready to be scanned.
- Our staff will be wearing masks and smiles (even if you can’t see them). All patrons must wear masks as well.
- All potential bottlenecks, especially at the museum entrance, will be marked for social distancing.
- Galleries will be open until 9pm. Visitors will not have access to outdoor exhibitions. James Turrell, Sarah Oppenhiemer, and Wendy Red Star in Kidspace will also be closed.
- All events at MASS MoCA are accessible to all audiences. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to inquire about accessibility needs and services.
- By purchasing a ticket to join MASS MoCA’s visitors, staff, and artists on the museum campus, you agree to follow a COVID Courtesy Code, detailed here.