Tickets for Friday, June 25, 8pm
Tickets for Saturday, June 26, 8pm
Photographer Alec Soth — “a celebrated chronicler of American contemporary life” (The Guardian) — collaborates for the first time with drummer/composer Dave King of the jazz duo The Bad Plus, who is “better than anyone at mixing the sensibilities of post-‘60s jazz and indie rock” (The New York Times). The result: The Palms, a semi-improvised, photo-sharing, new work-in-progress performance that delves into the physicality of memory that’s been lost in our digital age.
On June 26, The Palms will close out Time of Now – a multidisciplinary, day-long exploration of memory and history.
Make a Plan
Live events at MASS MoCA will look and feel a little different this summer, but our mission remains unchanged — to bring you the best performing art of our time.
- Preferred ticket buyers get the best seat in the house
- This performance will take place inside, in MASS MoCA’s Hunter Center.
- Doors open a half-hour prior to the event start time.
- All events at MASS MoCA are accessible to all audiences. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to inquire about accessibility needs and services.
- By purchasing a ticket to join MASS MoCA’s visitors, staff, and artists on the museum campus, you agree to follow a Courtesy Code, detailed here. Our full COVID FAQ is here.
Planning on dinner before the show? Check out restaurants in downtown North Adams or find a nosh right here on campus: Bright Ideas Brewing, A-oK Berkshire Barbeque, and Chama Mama. Lickety Split Cafe, our museum cafe, will serve small bites during the show.