- August 5–9
- 1 adult
- MASS MoCA
Too old for sleepaway camp? Come to Make Away Camp!
Explore MASS MoCA’s sprawling campus and your creativity. Make Away is a 5-day summer retreat filled with opportunities to create, renew, and recharge.
- Gain new watercolor skills in master class sessions with MASS MoCA artist Barbara Prey.
- Learn how to dye yarn and print images on cloth using native plants with local artist Megan Karlen.
- Take a beer break and tour Bright Ideas Brewing (complete with tastings!).
- Discover the MASS MoCA campus’ rich history as an industrial complex.
- Learn bread- and sausage-making at a workshop with A-oK BBQ.
- Unwind with Kundalini yoga in the museum galleries with Dr. Nancy Quevillon.
- Check out The Chalet, our riverside beer garden.
- Learn about Assets for Artists, ROAM, Ferrin Contemporary, and The Artist Book Foundation.
Take a look at the day-by-day schedule here.
Bring the kids! Art Ninjas Camp runs concurrently with Make Away Camp.
Other suggested lodging can be found here.
Make Away’s daily schedule includes an hour for an independent lunch. Bring a lunch or buy one of the many food stops on campus or in town.
Programming runs from 9am to 3pm. Evening activities on Thursday night will be offered. There’s plenty to do after retreat hours. Plan your evenings here.