- MASS MoCA
If you are mission-driven, love the arts, and take pride in working hard with a dedicated team, we hope you find a position below that fits your skills and experience. Apply in person by visiting our front desk during museum hours, or send a resume and cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com.
MASS MoCA is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. Retirees are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Prior professional maintenance or construction experience is required. Responsibilities include mixing cement, handling heavy materials, working with scaffolding and ladders, and taking direction from the lead mason. Ideal applicants will have prior experience as well as knowledge of the equipment and materials used in the performance of masonry work. Applicants must be able to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, staff members, and others at the museum. MASS MoCA’s mason tender must be able to work outdoors and may be exposed to adverse weather conditions; must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds or greater; is required to climb ladders; and may need to work varied shifts and irregular hours. The mason tender must observe safety policies and procedures in accordance with government and institutional standards, and must wearcommon protective or safety equipment as needed. Ability to work on weekends/holidays is a must. A valid driver’s license and the ability to operate motor vehicles are required.
MASS MoCA’s retail store is seeking a part-time Sales Associate for summer and fall employment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cheerfully interacting with customers.
- Cleaning, restocking, and maintaining attractive merchandise displays.
- Taking initiative to learn about the history of MASS MoCA and the current exhibitions to answer customer questions.
- Opening/closing stores and operating cash registers.
- Help customer make selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions, opinions, and providing product information
- Process payments using POS system; processing credit cards, cash, and gift cards.
- Handling/counting cash accurately.
- Keep patrons informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
We are looking to fill a position for a part-time Sales Associate at MASS MoCA and MASS MoCA By Design. This position offers approximately 15-20 hours per week and requires a flexible schedule including availability specifically Friday through Sunday, Saturday evenings, occasional holidays, and festivals. It also requires a friendly, polite disposition in addition to self-motivation and initiative. Customer service experience is preferred.
Enjoy people? Enjoy art? MASS MoCA is hiring security staff for the fall season.
The right candidates will enjoy working in a museum environment and have the ability to communicate clearly and cordially with our guests. A flexible schedule including weekend and holiday work, walking and standing for extended periods of time, and just a touch of patience will be required.
MASS MoCA is seeking the services of a full-time, 2nd shift custodian. Custodial responsibilities will include:
- Performing all routine cleaning tasks including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, washing windows and walls, restocking supplies, and other duties assigned using prescribed procedures
- Trash removal, recycling, and sanitation of waste receptacles
- Cleaning and supporting special events on the MASS MoCA campus
- Reporting observed damages or defects in assigned areas
- Assisting with snow removal and sanding
- Implementing technical and safety procedures as instructed by his/her supervisor
- Assuming additional responsibilities as required
Ideal candidates must be able to lift 50 pounds or more on a regular basis. Candidates must demonstrate ample knowledge of cleaning safety procedures and certifications, methods, materials, equipment, and an ability to operate mechanical cleaning equipment. Candidates must be able to function well in a team/community environment, displaying common courtesy and politeness; custodial work involves frequent interaction with patrons, co-workers, and administrators. Candidates may be required to work various shifts if needed; ability to work on weekends and holidays is a must.