As one of the country’s most fertile venues for the visual and performing arts, MASS MoCA fosters experimentation by artists, encourages partnerships among institutions, and offers educational opportunities that expose visitors of all ages to acts of startling creativity. Your tax-deductible gift guarantees a compelling array of interactive opportunities and programs for everyone.
Here are highlights for this past year:
- We welcomed more than 170,000 guests to our galleries and stages.
- We hosted 28 visual artists and 11 performing arts groups (totaling 147 artists) in workshop and residency programs, resulting in 31 new works of art. Thousands of our visitors got to see this work in action.
- We collaborated with the Hall Art Foundation to create a new Anselm Kiefer exhibition that The Wall Street Journal calls “intellectually meaty, emotionally powerful and visually riveting,” and Art in America wrote “not to be missed.”
- We nurtured 1,400 students and teachers in 6 partner schools, with a rich, curriculum-based arts program, involving multiple visits to MASS MoCA and in their classrooms.
- We offered over 34 multidisciplinary education programs to all ages.
Your donation will help to invigorate arts and education programming across the institution. As MASS MoCA approaches its fifteenth anniversary in 2014, we have high hopes of doing even more in the coming year to engage a greater number of artists, students, audiences, and cultural institutions. We would truly appreciate your support. Thank you!